Monday 22 July 2013

Me

Something strange has been happening over the past few weeks - I haven't been worrying about anything.  Or, at least, nothing important.  Work is toddling along, merrily wiping out my mental wellbeing on a daily basis.  The weather has been glorious, which suits me just perfectly as when I'm not tied to my desk drowning in misery I can bask in the hot sunshine and get a vitamin D hit.  My immune system hasn't thrown any nasty surprises my way, my spine is as painful and displaced as it has been for a while. 

I visited some friends who I haven't seen in far too long - they've recently got married and I was so chuffed to have been invited and so gutted to have not been able to make it.  But a month or so afterwards, with a big bowl of moules marinieres, a large G&T and a few hours of reminiscing, I was 21 again, back at university with them, young and carefree, laughing at our drunken antics, promising not to leave it so long until the next time.  Without my friends I'd be half a person, and I'm so lucky to be blessed with a great bunch of them spread out across the country, and dotted around the world. 

So the world has kept on turning; The Royal Progeny is yet to be birthed (and we are all waiting with baited breath...), England are winning at cricket, some nutters are cycling a lot in France, the government are a bunch of idiots, the NHS appears to be being sold off piece by piece, Post Office workers are striking and most people in Britain are being wholly inconsiderate and buying a lot of drinks from outlets supplied by my company.  But, for once, none of this is touching me - my worrying days are on hold.  So keep it up, sunshine, because you're obviously doing me good.

K x

And yes, of course I'll be worrying about something again soon.  But in the meantime, check out some of my exercise blogs on www.fittamamma.com as they're pretty good too ;) x

No comments:

Post a Comment