Sunday 15 July 2012

What to Call My Blog!

I have been thinking about writing a blog for a very long time.  A good friend of mine writes a very succesful blog about diabetes, but I dont have diabetes so I can't write about that.  I considered writing a food blog, but there are so many hundreds of those already.  Then I thought I could write a film blog (I did do a degree in that subject, after all) but again, the market is somewhat saturated.  What could I write about that hadn't already been covered ten times over by better, more well known writers, I asked myself.  I could write a blog about coping with RA, but I'm not doing a terribly good job of that at the moment, so I put that idea to one side.  The more I thought about it the more worried I became at the whole prospect until I put the idea out of my head once and for all.  And then it struck me: the thing that I am really good at and could do regularly and without pressure is worry.  I can write copious amounts about things that I am currently worrying about and hopefully manage to make it vaguely entertaining and hopefully instructive and/or informative to some degree. Hooray!
And then I started to worry about what to call The Blog.  You can't entitle it "The Blog" after all, and after several weeks of semi-constant worrying about it I fell upon the title that you see before you.  This way I can find something new to worry about on a regular basis and share it joyfully with you.  Subject of worry is unlimited and non-specific, and any suggestions of useful or interesting topics for me to concern myself with would be very much appreciated! (also, I fear, I may need to widen my vocabulary of words related to or meaning the same as 'worry' as I am now worried that the 'w' of my keyboard may wear out).
For those of you that know me well, you know that my capacity to worry, and through doing so worry about how much I am worrying, is beyond normal.  I truly hope to be able through the medium of this blog to turn that into something postive and practical and less mentally damaging (for all of us). K x

No comments:

Post a Comment